[Buddha-l] sanskrit self-study

Chris castanford at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:01:19 MDT 2005

Thank you very much, Ashok, for your exhaustive description of text and
application with respect to your excellent new Sanskrit text offering.

I do believe the first twenty or so odd chapters are indeed well written and
suited for the beginning Sanskrit student - at UBC. Personally, I just find
this not so with my Thai counterparts. I find myself spending most of the
first semester trying to dislodge them from long entrenched ways of thinking
about language and grammatical structure. It is for this reason that I would
reserve your text for the second year student. I conceed that my problems
cited may well be of my own making in my teaching style.

Enjoy the Vancouver August rains.

-Chris Stanford