[Buddha-l] Speaking of simple minds

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 4 13:21:43 MDT 2005

jkirk schreef:

> Bush Endorses Teaching 'Intelligent Design' Theory in Schools
> http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0802-01.htm
>
> He has no shame nor does his family for supporting this
> meretricious nonsense and caring only about their power and
> their money.  Actually, to call that mind simple is an insult to
> people with truly simple minds (meaning uncomplicated thought patterns
> and indifference to analytical thinking). The Bush mind is demonic.
>
> As far as I know, there are no Buddhists who support this ID theory.
> Is that right?
> Joanna

First of all W. himself is the living proof against the ID theory. His
existence can only be explained as the result of a random mutation. No
being could invent such a form of life, let alone an intelligent one! :-)
Secondly an intelligent design implies a designer and I remember an
investigation of an Dutch buddhologist Ria Kloppenborg into the Buddhist
arguments against an ishvara (the Hindu equivalent of a creator).

--

Erik