[Buddha-l] Hindu Fundamentalism

Bernie Simon bsimon at toad.net
Tue Aug 2 19:08:01 MDT 2005

Fundamentalism ... it's not just for Baptists any more.

A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) activist has taken Human Resource
Development Minister Arjun Singh to court for schoolbooks suggesting
there is no scientific evidence that Hindu deities Ram and Krishna
existed.

Ajit Kumar, a BJP worker from the Samastipur district, has filed a
complaint in court against Singh and a few others, stating that new
history books for Class 11, which say there is no scientific evidence
of Ram and Krishna, have hurt the sentiments of Hindus.

The complaint was filed on Thursday in the court of the Hajipur chief
judicial magistrate, who fixed August 2 to hear the case.

http://tinyurl.com/73dsf

----
But if the world could remain within a frame like a painting on a wall
Then I think we'd see the beauty there and stand staring in awe