[Buddha-l] buddha-l Digest, Vol 103, Issue 6

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 16 04:14:48 MDT 2013

Erik writes:

--
Professor Lusthaus agrees with this religious Platonism, implying that
there exists a Muslim /eidos /that is the source of all evil, and
besides that a person is determined by his religious /eidos/.
--

Nonsense. What I believe is that there are many who would rather horribly
distort and caricature what I do say in order to avoid facing or even

Let's talk historical patterns, not platonic idea(l)s. If you were a Sikh or
Bah'ai, would you rather live in the Muslim world, or in the "decadent"
West? Why? You won't find the answer in Plato. (Partial hint: Though both
are extracts of the loftiest universal impulses and ideas in Islam, they are
too universal for Islam.)

Dan