[Buddha-l] buddha-l Digest, Vol 103, Issue 6

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 15 02:25:38 MDT 2013

In fact your own evidence makes the case exactly -- that if one is not
religion X, one is identified as religion Y, is my case. Thank you for
spelling out one version of that.

Need more evidence? Check buddha-l archives for the various times that
surveys by PEW, etc were discussed here.

More? Try knocking on your neighbors' doors and asking them.

> If the majority of Christians had been inclined to follow only one
> tradition, the Inquisition might have lasted only a weekend,

Need it be pointed out that this confuses the idea that there can only be
one religion simplicitur, with "one to a customer"? Unclear that you
comprehend the difference, since your examples all deal with the former, not
the latter. Reminder: my claim was the latter.

Dan