[Buddha-l] The scientific project and the Buddhist project

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Oct 13 16:39:29 MDT 2013

On Oct 13, 2013, at 13:57, "Jo" <ugg-5 at spro.net> wrote:

> However, I suggest that some of y'all read one or two of
> those books by B. Smith.

I met her at one of the East-West conferences once. She was very witty and insightful. I loved spending time with her, perhaps because she said hardly a single thing that I agreed with.
At that time (early 1990s) she was much too self-consciously postmodern feminist in her views about science for my tastes. My guess is that both she and I have mellowed a bit since then.