[Buddha-l] Guruge's book - a query

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Sat May 25 13:53:39 MDT 2013

Thank you, Dan

Although --- the title of Guruge's essay does not suggest any deliberations
on the need to arrange the Edicts differently than usual.

[Karunadasa Felicitation Volume  can be had for a meagre sum of £27
(without shipping). A bit too much for me. Would any good soul with access
to it send me a scan of Guruge's paper?]

I find Guruge's way of presenting the Edicts in his "Definitive Biography"
(see Appendix I, Inscriptions and Dhamma-documents of Aśoka, pp. 547-584)
better thought out and more convincing than that proposed by Nikam and
McKeon (1959).

Has anyone commented on it?

Artur