[Buddha-l] Nalanda's library destruction

James A Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Wed May 15 02:03:21 MDT 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013 01:35:30 -0600
Richard Hayes <richard.hayes.unm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 15, 2013, at 1:22, James A Stroble <stroble at hawaii.edu> wrote:
>
> > (outside of the fact that my grades are
> > definitely not in yet),
>
> Shocking! No more posting to buddha-l for you until your grades are
> in, mister.
>
> Wait. My grades aren't all in yet either. ¡Mierde!

All is suffering. The rest is the attempt to distract from suffering.
And in spite of having access to far more than the libraries of Nalanda
and Alexandria (with notable exceptions), students still persist in not
learning! We do what we can, when not sacking libraries.  I do keep a
copy of the Koran in my library (even though it is the Penguin edition)
just to keep it from being burned down.
--
Yours,

James Andy Stroble