[Buddha-l] Nalanda's library destruction

James A Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Wed May 15 01:22:16 MDT 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013 02:58:57 -0400
"Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > On May 14, 2013, at 22:52, James A Stroble <stroble at hawaii.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> So what are we arguing about here?
> >
> > Whether Palestinians are treated unjustly by Israel.
>
> And this from the person who has been arguing -- in order to divert
> attention from the actual topic at hand -- that someone else has been
> talking about things outside the thread.
>
> Back to demonization games, as predicted many messages ago. Tempting
> reflex, as James already demonstrated.
>
> Having trouble letting reality sink in?
>
> Dan

So, what I have gathered so far (outside of the fact that my grades are
definitely not in yet), is that the Palestinians torched the library at
Nalanda?  Yes, I am still very confused, and again ask the question of
who we can kill in revenge for the destruction of the university?

I do have some specific targets in regards to my own institution, but
they seem to be retiring.  Nalanda, on the other hand, seems to be
being revived?   http://www.nalandauniv.edu.in/   So it all works out
in the end. I always thought that the Western institutions were rather
anemic in comparison to actually ancient institutions of higher
learning. Lack of decent Sanskrit grammar curriculum, for one thing.
--
Yours,

James Andy Stroble
Leeward Community College