[Buddha-l] Ready for this, folks? Interesting idea.........

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Sun May 12 14:31:18 MDT 2013

And, ah, according to Mahaparinibbana-sutta (III, 22-23) the Buddha says:

"I remember well, Ananda, many hundreds of assemblies of Khattiyas that I
have attended; and before I sat down with them, spoke to them or joined in
their conversation, I adopted their appearance and speech, whatever it
might be. And I instructed, inspired, fired and delighted them with a
discourse on Dhamma, And as I spoke with them they did not know me and
wondered: "Who is it that speaks like this - a deva or a man?" And having
thus instructed them, I disappeared, and still they did not know: "He who
has just disappeared - was he a deva or a man?"

[And many hundreds of assemblies of Brahmins, of householders, of ascetics,
of devas.... etc.]

Artur