[Buddha-l] Book Recommendations

Gruenig, Hans W gruenig at tulane.edu
Thu May 9 22:03:24 MDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

I am working on designing an undergraduate intro level Asian Philosophy course which will include Buddhist philosophy and other philosophies from India and Asia.  I am wondering what *non-Buddhist* Indian/Asian philosophy texts other professors have found to be of particular interest to undergraduate students -- especially texts that students find to be inspiring or personally relevant.  I have a lot of experience teaching Buddhism and have a few non-Buddhist texts in mind, but would be interested to hear what others have found to be engaging for intro level undergrad students.  (Somehow, I imagine that Richard Hayes might point to some Vivekananda texts, for example.)

Thank you,
-Hans Gruenig