[Buddha-l] Internet activist Aaron Swartz commits suicide Re: Library.nu

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Sun Jan 13 09:01:09 MST 2013

This morning on MSNBC (TV) Chris Hayes (on his talk show) gave a long and
sad eulogy of Aaron, accusing the Mass. prosecutor of fulsomely exaggerated
activity, also noting that she is rumored to intend running for governor of
that state.
Since academics are not paid for their publications, I'm shocked that the
penalties for downloading such (c)-protected material are that severe.  The
copyright laws were re-written and have become onerous.

Joanna