[Buddha-l] Perfection of Sanskrit

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 30 12:58:42 MDT 2013

> Hi Dan,
>
> I have dictionaries. I had hoped for a little more imagination.
>
> Jayarava

Then imagine. It seems you don't know what you want. These are the attested
equivalents, i.e., what translators into Chinese used. 究竟 has the same
semantic range as niṣṭha / niṣṭhā (which is what Lance and I mentioned).

If you want a fuller range of attested Sanskrit equivalents for 究竟, as
used by Parmartha or Xuanzang, see Hirakawa's Index to the Abhidharmakosa,
v.2. I'd copy it for you, but you have dictionaries...

Dan