[Buddha-l] Bangladesh Muslim lovefest

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 3 11:57:24 MDT 2012

Artur,

> Second. For Dan. About shreds of evidence. Read more, please, of
> Mahavamsa.
> And - calling someone (like Richard Eaton) a revisionist, does not make
> them one.

Check the buddha-l archives for a discussion of the relevant portions of the
Mahavamsa I had with Lance Cousins awhile back. Clearly I am familiar with
it.

As for the revisionist label, I classified the group of historians which
Eaton is part of, as revisionist. He is a moderate member of that group, one
whose agenda has undergone modification over time.

That an agenda to "revise" the history of Islam in South Asia began in
earnest in the 1980s, first by muslim historians and then taken up by
British (and eventually other) historians, can be easily documented, but
haven't we done enough with this topic already? I stand by the
characterization of their project as revisionism.

Good luck with the argumentative scanner.

Dan