[Buddha-l] Buddhist stupa to be moved from NM Petroglyph Park

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Oct 2 16:01:54 MDT 2012

On Oct 2, 2012, at 3:07 PM, "Jo" <ugg-5 at spro.net> wrote:

> Here's an update on the problem for 2012:
> http://app1.kuhf.org/articles/npr1346868018-Vanishing-Vultures-A-Grave-Matter-For-Indias-Parsis.html

That turns out to be the radio program I heard to which I referred at the beginning of this discussion.

I'm on the advisory board of our local NPR station. It seems all the stereotypes conservatives say about public radio is true of our station. Three of the members of the board are Marxists, and two of the Marxists are Buddhists (one of the being a Soka Gakkai practitioner). Several other members of the board are active in the Occupy and Unoccupy movements. One member of the board resigned and went to Gaza to work with Palestinians. I reckon if Rush Limbaugh knew about us, he would cluck his tongue in disapproval. I personally think our board needs more balance. We need a Scientologist and a Trotskyite and maybe a dead Parsi or two to make us a bit more mainstream.

Richard Hayes