[Buddha-l] Buddhist stupa to be moved from NM Petroglyph Park

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Tue Oct 2 13:55:03 MDT 2012

> I also oppose flag worship, but good luck banning that.

My parents have memorial markers in Fort Logan cemetery in the Denver area. It is a graveyard for veterans of military service. I went there a few years ago to visit my mother´s grave and was shocked to see many of the gravestones had crosses and stars of David on them. I find that sort of thing deeply offensive. But I did refrain from dynamiting the cemetery.
Richard Hayes

JK: Gravestones have names and other info on them so why not the religion membership of the dead? I see it as part of the buried remains' IDs, not a public display or a 'teaching' moment analogous to a religious ceremony, icon, book or whatever in a court or school.