[Buddha-l] Buddhist stupa to be moved from NM Petroglyph Park

Alex Wilding alex at chagchen.org
Tue Oct 2 04:44:54 MDT 2012

The Reverend Dr Hayes claimed:
> It's a remarkably ugly stupa.
and
> It's an eyesore that clashes with the terrain in
> Petroglyph National Monument

A subjective expression of personal taste, of course. Having googled one or
two pictures of this stupa it looks to me like a rather normal stupa, fairly
pretty as they generally are, and well-suited to a landscape that is not
dissimilar from the sort of place one might see such a stupa in the
Himalayas. I wish there were one like that overlooking the place I live.
Perhaps I should try and raise funds to build one?

In a subsequent post the good Doctor writes:
> "Needless war" is a redundancy.
While I sympathise deeply with the general sentiment behind this, it is not
exactly true. I know that the Dr has far more knowledge of rhetoric than I
do, and can probably tell us the name of this trick. I only know it as "one
bold claim is worth a dozen good arguments".

All the best
Alex W MPhil (but my friends can just call me "Master")