[Buddha-l] Bangladesh Muslim lovefest

Richard Hayes richard.hayes.unm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 08:52:15 MDT 2012

On Oct 1, 2012, at 08:37 , Erik Hoogcarspel <jehms at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> It's interesting that Dan seems to be interested especially and foremost in blaming people. This is usefull if you like politics or if you like to reinvent the world.

It's interesting to to note that the Buddha advised pretty strongly against blaming people. He always identified the enemy as internal, that is, the kilesas that reside in every mind aside from an arahant's. I can't recall him fulminating against those nefarious Licchavis or those insidious Pāśupatas. I can't imagine him today laying blame at the door of an entire religious community. He was much wiser than that.

Richard Hayes