[Buddha-l] Pew religion dist. map

Richard Basham bshmr at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 08:49:30 MDT 2012

Jo, Chris, and others,

>>{bshmr}: Well, I will have to switch PCs -- to the ONE with Adobe
Flash (loaded and enabled) that might not ROTFLIAO at a USAToday link.
<g>

>{jkirk}: ROTFLIAO---what?

A third-person varinat of the classic first-person ROTFLMAO, see
http://acronymfinder.com (home) or specifically
 http://www.acronymfinder.com/ROTFLMAO.html

>{chris.fynn}: As well as the flaws already pointed out, I suspect that
that statistics for any religion in this survey that falls below 5% are
prone to be inaccurate simply because the samples are too low

That doesn't look correct to me.  I recall something about extreme
(small or large) proportions having less variance expected; thus, after
achieving an adequate sampling size, are considered relatively
accurate/valid on smaller samples while the maximumally variant
proportion of 50% requires a larger sample for the same confidence
limits.

Other Than That (OTT), I appreciate background info on the Pew reports
biases/methodology.

Richard Basham