[Buddha-l] Good resource site shut down

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:05:35 MDT 2012

Hi Jo,

Thank you for attenuating my enthusiasm and putting things in
perspective. Saying "it's their karma" is denying responsability,
bodhisattvas can be do-gooders paving highways to hell with good
intentions.  And then there are those who want to quit samsara and not
to manage it. Stalemate? Perhaps Chinese investments will do the trick?

Joy

Hm---the template for starving ethnics used to be Armenians ("Eat up
your dinner, dear--remember the starving Armenians.") --now it's
Africans. I would hope, in their eagerness to make merit and/or to be
bodhisattvas, that Buddhists would give some preliminary thought as to
the harm already caused by transfers of coin and credit to corrupt
African governments and organisations, as well as to the fact that some
NGOs simply end up providing jobs for non-Africans even as they act as
quartermasters for US-produced commodities -- while the starvation and
mayhem in Africa not only continues, but gets worse. Joanna