[Buddha-l] Bourgeois Buddhism

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Mar 15 07:31:13 MDT 2012

On Mar 14, 2012, at 11:02 PM, "Jo" <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:

> Since you have all those citation locations, kindly post something that Marx
> actually wrote, instead of being chapter & versist about it!

The discussion began by my recapitulating what Marx actually wrote. The references to the text were to enable people to consult Marx's actual words and see for themselves whether my paraphrase accurately captured the spirit of the text. Obviously I can't be expected to judge whether my own understanding is adequate. That's why people have discussions.

Richard Hayes