[Buddha-l] A Query re Gregory Schopen's UCLA 2009 lecture

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Tue Mar 6 03:28:35 MST 2012

> Is there any particular problem with just writing to Dr Schopen and asking
> him for a copy of his paper?

No, Margaret, there is not.

Professor Schopen informed me kindly yesterday, that he doesn't have
either printed or  typed version, just notes, hand written on waste
paper with a pencil. He never expected that his UCLA talk would end on
YouTube and have any further life.

Pity.

A couple of days ago, I started to transcribe the talk, just for
myself, but dropped it. It takes a lot of time. Slightly more than
four minutes in one hour, with me - having no shorthand and being not
a native English speaker.

Well, considering the time wasted on a futile Net search, I would have
already had at least half of the talk transcribed by now.

Pity again.

Best,

Artur