[Buddha-l] Christendom vs Buddhism in Cambodia

Jo jkirk at spro.net
Mon Jul 2 15:24:14 MDT 2012

On 6/13/2012 4:55 AM, Christopher Fynn wrote:
> Many of the Protestants converting people in these countries tend to
> be on the extreme fringe. In Bhutan there was recently a case of some
> Protestants killing a woman for  "being possessed by satan"

Even in the US and Europe, fundamentalist Protestantism can no longer be
considered a "fringe" phenomenon (to the extent that it ever was that).

Curt
Distinctions need to be made between some fundamentalists and others of that
ilk. It's my surmise that only the radically-fringe types would kill for
God. There seems to be a continuum of practice, from the worst excesses of
ritual murder to the serpent handler prayer meetings where sometimes
somebody gets bitten and dies; but that's God for you.
Otherwise the very worst so far as civil society goes are the
Dominionists--some of whom are in Congress.

Joanna