[Buddha-l] more tibetan self-immolations

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Jan 9 10:59:45 MST 2012

On Jan 9, 2012, at 10:23 AM, "Gad Horowitz" <horowitz at chass.utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I was responding to a post comparing Tibetans and Palestinians.
> How snarky can you get?

I'm not sure what snarky means, but I'm aware that you were responding to a post comparing Tibetans and Palestinians, who both have a lot in common with Apaches and Lakota. Their land has been occupied by ruthless and powerful foreigners, and they, like the Canaanites before them, have got nothing at all from their violent resistance to foreign occupation except death, imprisonment and isolation. The moral of the story is, "Don't declare war on those whose power is sufficient to crush you."