[Buddha-l] New Buddhist Topic: Buddhism and Cats

Jo jkirk at spro.net
Wed Jan 4 23:27:49 MST 2012

Hi Artur,

Here's a scholarly article you can no doubt get that covers this cat:

I've written at length about this 'hypocritical cat'--finally, in my book,
but you can get the prior article as a free pdf from JStor (pages 226-227):

The Māmallapuram Praśasti: A Panegyric in Figures
Michael D. Rabe
Artibus Asiae, Vol. 57, No. 3/4 (1997), pp. 189-241

Best,
Joanna