[Buddha-l] Check out The Right's Stupidity Spreads, Enabled by a Too-Polite Left

Christopher Fynn chris.fynn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:31:34 MST 2012

On 12/02/2012, Richard Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:

> First of all, the words Right and Left have become utterly meaningless. They
> are words so carelessly tossed around that have have lost all ability to
> communicate.

> That said, I think you have sliced this pie awkwardly, Dr Ziobro. I think
> few intelligent people of any persuasion characterize people who disagree
> with them as evil, simply because that is not a very intelligent thing to
> do. In my experience, no group of people has a monopoly on fallacious
> argumentation, and no group is the sole proprietor of good reasoning, and
> the distribution of good and bad reasoning is pretty even across all social
> and political categories. My guess the same is true among angels, dogs and
> cockroaches.

> Richard Hayes
> mediocre crackpot

Cockroaches have been around far longer than humans, and almost
certainly will be around long after the last one of us is extinct ~
especially if the views of creationists, climate change deniers, and
right wing talk-show hosts and bloggers prevail. I'm sure it could be
reasonably argued that cockroaches are smarter than many Republicans.