[Buddha-l] Check out The Right's Stupidity Spreads

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 12 11:24:08 MST 2012

In a message dated 2/12/2012 12:08:29 P.M. Central Standard Time,
sjziobro at cs.com writes:

I understood the deep structure of Richard's comment to refer to a
situation where the U.S. Government is forcing a religious entity and its
adherents to provide resources for an enterprise to which it objects on  religious
and moral grounds. Structurally, this observations shares a parity  with what
the U.S. Government under an HHS mandate is demanding of Catholic
institutions and believers.
====
My understanding is that the religious entity, i.e., Catholic Church,  does
not provide any resources. What resources do you think it provides? The
State certainly provides resources/money to it.
===================

The Catholic bishops offered a response on January 10 of this year to
President Obama's expressed compromise solution.  It can be located at
_http://www.usccb.org/news/2012/12-026.cfm_
(http://www.usccb.org/news/2012/12-026.cfm) .
New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan, head of the U.S bishop's conference,
stated yesterday that the general plan as modified by the Administration
looks acceptable but he is still worried about the details.

By the way, I attend my wife's Catholic Church. I like the priests with
whom I occasionally go out to have a coffee or stronger libations, like their
outreach programs (for instance, they are the largest provider of food and
funds to local food pantries) and like the people I have met there. I am a
big  fan. Not so much for the hierarchy above local priests.

Jackjack