[Buddha-l] Check out The Right's Stupidity Spreads

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Feb 11 22:13:22 MST 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 9:06 PM, Katherine Masis <twin_oceans at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Of course, the Tibetan groups here are decidedly in favor of freeing Tibet from China, but how their members vote locally is entirely their business.

Being a locatarian, I am a bit more interested in freeing the Navajo and Apache nations from America. I expect the Tibetans to have about as much success as the Diné have had in gaining their freedom.

As a Quaker forced to stand by helplessly as the American government tramples my religious convictions by using my tax dollars to fund the gratuitous invasion of sovereign nations, I find myself quite sympathetic to those who have protested against Obama's recent blunders in stomping on people's religious convictions. His incredible insensitivity in this matter of birth control seems about equivalent to requiring mosques and synagogues to distribute pork, or requiring Mādhyamikas to use valid arguments. What was he THINKING?

I have been delighted to hear Rick Santorum finally stand up for the religious rights of Quakers not to have to pay taxes to support military adventures on foreign soil. He did stand up for that, didn't he? Didn't he?

Richard Hayes
Bumbling fool and purblind idiot