[Buddha-l] Check out The Right's Stupidity Spreads, Enabled by a Too-Polite Left

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Feb 11 16:05:29 MST 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 1:11 PM, sjziobro at cs.com wrote:

>  The problem with many on the Left is that they will not claim their opponents are mistaken, but that they are stupid and evil.  This isn't my general experience of the highly intelligent and articulate people on the Right.

First of all, the words Right and Left have become utterly meaningless. They are words so carelessly tossed around that have have lost all ability to communicate.

That said, I think you have sliced this pie awkwardly, Dr Ziobro. I think few intelligent people of any persuasion characterize people who disagree with them as evil, simply because that is not a very intelligent thing to do. In my experience, no group of people has a monopoly on fallacious argumentation, and no group is the sole proprietor of good reasoning, and the distribution of good and bad reasoning is pretty even across all social and political categories. My guess the same is true among angels, dogs and cockroaches.

Richard Hayes
mediocre crackpot