[Buddha-l] FW: most and least Buddhist Cities in America?

Franz Metcalf franz at mind2mind.net
Tue Dec 11 16:10:57 MST 2012

I guess Honolulu doesn't count as a city in the United States. This is like the old Pew study that grossly underestimated the number of Asian-American Buddhists for several reasons, including leaving out the state of Hawaii. Why does this kind of thing continue? One answer springs to mind, immediately: unconscious white privilege.

One correction to Jo's post: the Los Angeles data does include Orange County, but I wonder how many Vietnamese Americans remain Buddhist. Those who came to the US during and after the war were disproportionally conservative and Christian.

Franz

Here's the working link:

<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/10/most-and-least-buddhist-cities-in-america_n_2098813.html>