[Buddha-l] PS: Obama in Burma/Myanma

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Tue Dec 11 09:37:29 MST 2012

A relevant comment from the graffiti article:

"Just like the Philippines, the homeless are rounded up and bussed miles
away, streets are cleaned for the first time in years and a healthy facade
is replaced along the President's route. Why don't these countries treat
every month as if the President was visiting the whole country. Why not care
for the poor and actually repair what needs attention instead of hiding it?"
Someone else added that the same happens in the US when a DNC or RNC
convention is set up in one of our cities.

This, however, is another example of huma nature, aka "putting your best
foot forward" on some occasions....
Joanna