[Buddha-l] Rice & Dragons

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Apr 15 23:29:37 MDT 2012

On Apr 15, 2012, at 4:54 PM, "Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Imagining none of this happened, or pretending it doesn't
> mean anything, is not a viable option except for the willfully blind. Buddha
> warned what a string of blind being led by the blind results in.

Face it, Dan. You are a prapañca vendor. Not a single thing you have said on this topic matters at all.

Again, you can't seem to resist showing contempt for people who don't share your particular obsessions. You assert, giving no reasons at all to support your assertion, that not being interested in this question is not a viable option. Why not?

Before you accuse me of misquoting you (something I have never done in some twenty years of cordial exchanges with you), I realize that what you said is that imagining none of this ever happened is not a viable option. Rest assured, I have never imagined that none of what you report ever happened. I have never given it any thought at all. Now that you have taken the trouble to report it, I can't imagine why you find it interesting. But I'm glad you find fulfillment in studying these things, because I see it fills you with joy to do research, and I love to see people filled with joy. But I would ask you to consider it as a possibility that people who do not see what you see may not be blind as much as they are simply looking at other things and taking as much interest in what they look at as you take in what you look at.

Richard Hayes