[Buddha-l] Vietnam craves rhino horn; costs more than cocaine

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 7 05:05:39 MDT 2012

Op 07-04-12 02:18, Jo schreef:
> Well, Buddhists, Daoists, and Confucianists never held back when it came to getting it up. Result—the end of the world's rhinos.
> Joanna K.
> ----------------
> Vietnam craves rhino horn; costs more than cocaine
>
> Experts say Vietnam's surging demand is threatening to wipe out the world's remaining rhinoceros populations, which recovered from the brink of extinction after the 1970s thanks to conservation campaigns. Illegal killings in Africa hit the highest recorded level in 2011 and are expected to worsen this year.
> http://www.intellasia.net/news/articles/society/111361947.shtml

As the article says, it is not about 'getting it up' but about rumours
that rhino horn kills cancer and hangovers. I am aware however that it
may have started that way and that failure in this area may have been a
way of mother nature to protect herself from unworhty offspring. The
present economic prosperity in Vietnam however makes her powerless. Some
people do not deserve to be rich, especially rich people. It is time for
a global potlatch.

erik