[Buddha-l] EARTH HOUR 2012

Jo jkirk at spro.net
Sun Apr 1 19:00:30 MDT 2012

Thanks, Luc Tartar, for an appealing and informative discussion.

You wrote:

"Why some people want to defend the "right" of the industry to pollute the
world looks strange to me, since it slowly (or not so slowly) kills millions
of people: obviously, I would not expect to see such a position defended on
a Buddhist group, but maybe no one really defended such a position here!"

Actually, those who were defenders of industry and reactionary politics quit
the Buddha-L list  couple of years ago, as I recall. This doesn't mean we
are all politically progressive now, nor that all of us favor the global
warming caused in part by pollution hypothesis, nevertheless those who
prefer such notions usually do not post their views.

Joanna Kirkpatrick (anthropologist)