[Buddha-l] Immolations

Jo jkirk at spro.net
Mon Nov 21 17:17:21 MST 2011

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/07/dalai-lama-tibetan-self-immolati
on?intcmp=239

[It would be beneficial, I think, if media would stop publishing photos of
HHDL that remind one of a Buddhist Hello Kitty..like the Guardian photo
here.  Especially on top of an article about self-immolations. ]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/10/karmapa-lama-tibetan-monks-stop

".The Karmapa praised the bravery and "pure motivation" of those involved,
saying each case had filled his heart with pain.
"These desperate acts . are a cry against the injustice and repression under
which they live," he said.
But he added: "I request the people of Tibet to preserve their lives and
find other, constructive ways to work for the cause of Tibet. The situation
is unbearably difficult, but in difficult situations we need greater courage
and determination."

Joanna