[Buddha-l] re Gombrich Lecture

Randall Jones randall.bernard.jones at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:49:31 MST 2011

At 04:52 PM 11/12/2011, David Living wrote:
>Often it seems that where ocal christian churches are failing they
>open their arms to anyone with a remotely religious message - even a
>Buddhist one. Where they prosper they are sharply antagonistic.

Perhaps it's just that antagonism sells better than openness. Many
people seem to want to believe they have the one true view.

>I do prize "Right/Perfect View" above all else though.

It's not my impression that any brand has a monopoly on right view.
Wrong view either for that matter. I used to think so, but something
happened. I guess I sort of do it cafeteria style now - take what I
can use and leave the rest.

Randall