[Buddha-l] Return of blasphemy?

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 8 17:53:45 MST 2011

I gave a garbled version of

> a saying (variously attributed to Louis Brandeis, James R.
> Schlesinger, or Daniel Patrick Moynihan:
>
> "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But they are not entitled to
> is
> their own facts."

There are a number of variants in circulation, and I was choosing between
them -- unfortunately inadvertently grafting two together:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What they are not entitled to is
their own facts.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they are not entitled to
their own facts.

Additional variants at
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Daniel_Patrick_Moynihan

Since it's a quotable quote, better to have a coherent and more elegant
version.

Dan