[Buddha-l] The Dalai Lama Steps Down politically

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Thu Mar 10 17:51:41 MST 2011

In the photo with the NYT article he looks gaunt.  I've never
seen him look this skinny ever. I'm smelling a ratus ratus of
some private health issue.............Yes he did have gall
bladder removed--but normally that doesn't cause serious side
effects or losing weight. I wonder if he has some kind of chronic
condition or worse.
Grief------My favorite Buddhist in the whole world is growing old
fast--- I hope he gets superb medical care--they seem to have
that now in India today.

And I hope he succeeds in finding a replacement that HE appoints
since he knows the Chinese will interfere with his succession.
The one truly great world leader, the only one today who has
spiritual influence in much of the world---------is he in some
kind of health dire straits?

Joanna

PS-- The Chinese are looking really stupid by their remarks.

> Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:22 AM
>

> Dalai Lama Gives Up Political Role in Tibet By JIM YARDLEY and
EDWARD
> WONG
> Published: March 10, 2011
>
> NEW DELHI - The Dalai Lama announced on Thursday he would
formally

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/11/world/asia/11tibet.html?_r=1&hp