[Buddha-l] Non attached & mindful culinary triumphalism?

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 9 09:42:42 MDT 2011

  Artur Karp wrote:
> Let's not forget that the leper, because of the nature of his
> sickness, belongs to the category of socially excluded persons.
>
> Well, would Buddhist monks ask for alms in the households of untouchables?
>
> Any rules connected with it?
That's an interesting question. Standing for alms at a household would
depend on the particular arrangements for the almsround in that time and
place. I am not entirely sure but I think that a Buddhist monk would
accept alms from anyone who offers while on his round. The situation is
different where the begging round is no longer normally kept up, as in
Sri Lanka.

Lance Cousins