[Buddha-l] Buddhas Meditation

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Jul 8 21:22:12 MDT 2011

On Jul 8, 2011, at 21:04 , Richard Hayes wrote:

> You asked what I meant. I explained what I meant by my statement and was not attributing anything to you.

Actually, you didn't ask what I meant. You said something about what I said that seemed to me to indicate you had not taken what I wrote in the way I meant for it to be taken, so I was trying to explain what I meant by restating it in other words. But I was not attributing anything to you.

Thanks for asking if I'm feeling well. In fact, I am feeling quite well. I've lost weight, am working out regularly at the gym and walking a lot and am feeling better at 66 that I've ever felt before, both physically and psychologically. What's more, I'm working on a textbook on Buddhist philosophy that I hope will be useful to those who read it. It would hard for things to be better, aside from attaining parinirvāṇa.

Richard