[Buddha-l] Buddhas Meditation

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 8 06:29:56 MDT 2011

Since zoning laws in Boston forbid me from keeping herds of goats at home,
let's disperse some quickly:

I paraphrased Timothy thus:

>> Timothy said: Do with the redwoods as you please, just keep a
>> non-attached
>> attitude while doing it.

The original quote, which I had reproduced several times in previous
messages, so that everyone would have been familiar with it, read thus:

Timothy's disavowed goat then hollered:

> You're completely full of it, Dan.  I said no such thing, nor did I imply
> it.

I'll let others decide for themselves if the paraphrase was fair or not. I
contend it is. I recommend Timothy listen to himself once in awhile before
shouting at others about non-attachment.

Dan