[Buddha-l] Buddha's Meditation

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Thu Jul 7 12:07:59 MDT 2011

This is the way I deal, too.

Buddhism for me is also a topic, a study of historical importance
and value, it has historiographies,  critiques, arts, etc. Since
destiny put me into academic shoes and occupations, I love
reading and discovering what this field has to offer in many
different ways.
Joanna

My view is that Buddhism is not dogma, rites or rituals but a
collection of  techniques to alleviate suffering. These
techniques are practiced by some people  and are successful. They
are not practiced by other people and/or are not  successful.
Arguing about them is like arguing about the best way to hold a
putter in golf. If it works, it works. If not, it doesn't.

jack