[Buddha-l] Buddha's Meditation

Ngawang Dorje rahula_80 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 22:58:35 MDT 2011

Hi,

Being an Assistant Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science, I find it strange that Evan published an article in a Journal without giving footnotes or references. For example, I am looking for the reference of this passage attributed to Majjhima Nikaya:

"There’s no need for you to give up’, said the Buddha. ‘You should not abandon your search for liberation just because you seem to yourself to be thick witted. You can drop all philosophy you’ve been given and repeat a mantra instead—one that I will now give you."

I would be grateful if anyone could help me locate this passage in the Majjhima Nikaya. The only reference that I, myself could find so far is this:

The Buddha Speaks: A Book of Guidance from the Buddhist Scriptures
Anne Bancroft
Shambhala 2010, p.46-48

Thanks,
Rahula