[Buddha-l] New Book: Michael Jerryson "Buddhist Fury: Religionand Violence in Southern Thailand"

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Tue Jul 5 10:25:43 MDT 2011

"It has been my own experience that if you want to show a
Buddhist the exit from equanimity, all you need to do is show him
a Muslim."

And vice versa.

Joanna

-----------------------

On Jul 4, 2011, at 7:14, Bankei <bankei at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Buddhist violence is not a well-known concept. In fact, it is
> generally considered an oxymoron.

It has been my own experience that if you want to show a Buddhist
the exit from equanimity, all you need to do is show him a
Muslim.

>  Michael Jerryson offers
> an extensive examination of one of the least known but
longest-running
> conflicts of Southeast Asia.

Sounds interesting. I'll get my local library to buy it\using
threats of violence if necessary.

Richard