[Buddha-l] (no subject)

Kdorje at aol.com Kdorje at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 21:07:14 MDT 2011

I bring this from Huffington Post to the list's attention:
_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/an-israeli-algorithm-shed_n_886996
.html?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl12%7Csec1_lnk3%7C217473_
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/an-israeli-algorithm-shed_n_886996.html?icid=main
|htmlws-main-n|dl12|sec1_lnk3|217473)

Software has been developed that can determine from internal evidence
different authors of a text or texts attributed to one. It was used on the
Bible, and confirmed 90% of what had taken linguists decades to do. It can be
used with other languages, and might be interesting to see how many
Nagarjunas it shows, how many emanations of Maitreya gave teachings, etc.

I would guess that the results could also be helpful in dating texts.

Best  wishes,

Konchog Dorje