[Buddha-l] Linux WP for Tibetan?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Dec 14 20:37:04 MST 2011

On Dec 13, 2011, at 21:32 , Simon Wiles wrote:

> If you combine XeLaTeX
> with LyX, you can get a nice comfortable environment set up quite
> easily.

I've used LyX and liked it. These days I'm using TeXworks and texstudio, both of which are very nice. As for using Abiword, OpenOffice or LibreOffice to generate LaTeX code, I confess to having done it, but I find that method just doesn't build character in the way that grappling with LaTeX code does. Having attractive output isn't my only goal; I also want a markup language that is so difficult to use that it burns off bad karma. (I'm a closet Jain.) When I am not feeling my ascetic oats, I sometimes use markdown instead of markup. But I'm afraid to use it too much, lest I grow attached to a life of ease and luxury.

Richard