[Buddha-l] Linux WP for Tibetan?

Bernard Simon bernie.simon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:59:20 MST 2011

On Dec 13, 2011, at 2:00 PM, buddha-l-request at mailman.swcp.com wrote:

> Since Oracle have now handed over OpenOffice to the Apache Foundation
> is there still any good reason to prefer LibreOffice? - or is
> OpenOffice, as such, now more or less dead?

Both Open Office and Libre Office should work fine, use whatever is
better supported by your Linux distribution. For Ubuntu, that's Libre
Office. Most of the development effort has moved to Libre Office. It
remains to be seen if Oracle will continue to develop Open Office, or
whether it is abandon ware.

Personally, I'm sticking with Abiword until I see reason to switch.