[Buddha-l] Linux WP for Tibetan?

Ralf Steckel ralf.steckel at online.ms
Sun Dec 11 07:04:48 MST 2011

Dear Forum,

just a remark about the technical "divergence" between OpenOffice and Libre Office - without any comment about the "usability" as word processor for Tibetan fonts...

OpenOffice and Libre Office now are so different from the source code basis, that it is technical almost impossible to merge the two branches to a common version (if that would be wanted for some reason in the future again).

Libre Office has some security issues - (important for users, who use it on a different platform than a Linux / Unix derivate), which are fixed in OpenOffice.

My personal recommendation would be, to stay with OpenOffice - as long as it is possible...

The reference for my above statements is somewhere in the archives for one of the online magazines at http://www.heise.de/ .

Kind Regards,

Ralf Steckel

>Von: "Christopher Fynn" <chris.fynn at gmail.com>

Bernard

I haven't yet tried Libre Office - but since OpenOffice works fine, it
seems odd that Libre Office has regressed.

What font are you using - and which ligatures don't work?

- Chris