[Buddha-l] 3 Tibetan Monks Sentenced for assistingwith self-immolation

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 31 10:30:28 MDT 2011

Op 31-08-11 10:52, andy schreef:
> It certainly does get attention. Can actions like this ever be
> appropriate?
>> More arguments might be offered on each side. Anyone else care to weigh in?
>> It is "complex," not a simple matter of loyalty or picking sides.
>>
>> Dan
> Yes, please.
>
> Andy
I would like to include the responsibility of those who created a
situation where this monk became so desperate that he tried to kill
himself. The Chinese authorities may be responsible for the structural
violence that led the monk to his self immolation, that is if the monk
was acting rationally and not under the influence of psychic problems.

erik