[Buddha-l] Looking for an article/paper

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Fri Sep 24 10:44:32 MDT 2010

  On 9/24/10 11:33 AM, Ngawang Dorje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, as I pointed out, The Unexpected Way.
> I don't think he was ordain as a monk for 20 years, though.
>
> Best wishes,
> Rahula

In "Unexpected Way" Williams says that he "finally" took his refuge vows
in 1978, although his interest in "meditation and things Indian" had
already developed by the late 60's and had "thought of himself as a
Buddhist" no later than 1973. By the early 80's he had already received
what he describes as "initiation into a high Tantric initiation
practice." But for the life of me I cannot track down when, or even if,
he was ordained. I guess I dreamed it!

Curt